Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bye-bye, Mama!

Little Bit has discovered the best joke ever. He says, "Bye-bye, Mama! See ya later!" then promptly closes the intervening door so I'm on one side and he's on the other. He first did it the other night as I was trying to convince him it was bedtime. He closed me in his bedroom, saying his bye-bye phrase. Then, I heard his giggle as he ran down the hall. Last night at dinner, he played the same game with the door at the patio of the Mexican restaraunt. It was so funny that he danced on his little feet in happiness while he laughed and held onto the doorknob.

Lately, he's also been very clingy when it's time to take him to daycare. He protests his shorts, his shoes, the car, anything, and everything. I guess it's separation anxiety. He does his clinging monkey impression at the daycare room. One of the daycare workers has to take him in her arms and distract him with toys.

In other news, I heard from my insurance guy -- he says that they are probably going to declare my car a total loss. I'll find out later today how much money they'll pay me for it. *sigh*

No comments: