Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes

While waiting in the car last night for DH to get a new battery installed after the old one died, I started singing "Three Little Monkeys Jumpin' on the Bed" to Little Bit. I was so pleased and suprised when he started singing right along after me.

Me: ..One fell off and bumped his head.

LB: aw of an bop a doo (or something like that :-)

Me: Called for the doctor and the doctor said

LB: an doc'o said! (this one was more clear)

Me: No more monkeys jumpin' on the bed!

LB: jum'n aw be!

It was just the cutest thing. He is definitely saying/repeating more words since the ear tube surgery.

------------
DH and I both got to hold a friend's ~3 month old little baby at a Super Bowl party. Little Bit was jealous. He gave his dad such a wide-eyed look, like WTF?! With me, he just came over and started clamoring for attention and tried to climb on my lap.

So, can I skip right to a grandchild? We don't want a second child. One is great! But it sure is fun to see those little toes and fingers on a tiny baby. And the little clothes. And holding that tiny little body.

I do miss when Little Bit was small enough to fit the length of my forearm. What a difference a year and a half makes!


No comments: