Wednesday, August 6, 2008

At least our power wasn't out, so we could wash laundry

We survived the great storm of 'aught-eight. Our highly trained outdoor weather cats reported damp fur and wet paws. But, hey, I got a whole day and a half off work.

Little Bit was home with us yesterday. Poor little bugger didn't want to eat very much, and later we found out why. He snuggled onto my lap, then began that cough which makes me go, uh-oh, and barfed all over himself and me. Ewwwwww. I managed to keep the barf from the couch and our rug, though. After a bath for both of us, I wrapped him in a towel and held him. He threw up several times more as the evening progressed, until there was nothing but stomach spasms. I felt so bad for him, because I know how it sucks to feel like that. Finally, after 2am this morning, he was able to keep down some water. He seems much better today.

In other news, DH and I arranged for a date night this past Saturday. My friend came over to babysit. DH and I rushed off to catch the next showing of Batman. We got home later to hear about my friend's little adventure. She had gone out on the back patio to pet our cats, while Little Bit watched some cartoons.

She got locked out of the house! Little Bit came to the window in the back door and smiled and waved at her, but he wandered off when he couldn't open the door. Of course, she didn't have her cell phone on her and couldn't remember my cell phone number. She went to our neighbor's house, but we hadn't given anyone an extra key. They ended up calling the police, who were able to get in. By the time they got inside where she could get her ID to show the police that she was who she said she was, she was almost in tears. All told, Little Bit had run of the house by himself for 30 minutes.

Definitely time to get some extra keys made and give them to the neighbors.

No comments: